Jim Sadler Public Artworks has evolved from my professional practice which has been run for the last 20 years concentrating on sculpture and furniture design.
Working in stage and acoustic design in my early career developed my passion for sculpture as well as scholarship and have recently taken a year out to cultivate my practice further and study for a second master’s degree at Manchester Metropolitan University in digital fabrication graduating in 2015.
I teach in many applied arts settings to graduate and post-graduate students and lead workshops in sculpture, furniture design and print and deliver workshops and talks in schools and colleges to all ages and levels of ability.
Most of my work is Public Art in the form of two and three dimensional sculpture often laser-cut and fabricated from stainless steel, mild steel or core 10 and often it is complimented with green oak seating.
With great appreciation I have been an Arts Council England, Arts Council Wales and Artworks Wales funded artist and often work for other artists and creative practices who employ my skills in supplementary disciplines in stone, bricks and ceramics.
My work also lends itself to garden and landscape design and is often commissioned for those settings along with laser and CNC cut panelling which is appointed by garden designers for commercial and public spaces as well as private clients.
- 2017 V&A Museum ‘Pink Floyd’ Their Mortal Remains exhibition
- 2015 Studied product design Manchester Metropolitan University
- 2014 Shortlisted for BBC2’s series The Great Chelsea Garden Challenge
- 2014 RHS Tatton Park Joint Gold Medal Winner
- 2008 Arts Council Wales public art sculpture commission, Merioneth Coastline
- 2007 English Heritage public art commission, Battlefield 1403 commemoration, Shropshire
- 2006 Art in the Landscape, Shrewsbury public art commission
- 2004 Warwick Council public art commission
- 2001 Studied 3 Dimensional Design, University of Wolverhampton (sculpture)
- 1990 Studied for first degree in design
- 1980/90s Worked in stage and acoustic design / Participated in ‘Pink Floyd’s The Wall sound reinforcement
- 1960 Born in South Staffordshire